Thursday, August 4, 2011

(Ahem) Is this thing on?

So this is my first foray into the blogosphere. I've always been passionate about writing--wrote for the school paper in college, penned a few short stories, and made several half-assed attempts at the 'great American novel.' I considered becoming a journalist until I learned they make something like 18 grand a year to start out and, let's be honest, no matter what you used to tell yourself, Ramen isn't THAT good.

So I went to law school. Did pretty well considering how little studying I did. I guess you could say I have a talent for the law. Or at least a talent for school. After that I worked for the state for a couple of years, kept the bad guys behind bars...you know, fun stuff like that. I found out I was great in court, but not so great behind a desk. It was then I realized that in order for me to be at all successful in life, I'd need one hell of secretary. All in all, I was pretty happy, but something was missing.

Along came the opportunity to meet the Bachelorette. I knew I could potentially lose my job if I chose to go on the show, but I'm a firm believer that nothing good can happen to you in life if you don't allow it to. So I decided to take the risk. Unfortunately I had to leave my job, but you never regret the chances you take. Only the ones you don't.

These days, I work as a contract attorney at a firm in town. It's not a bad gig, but if I stay with the law I'd eventually like to hang my own shingle. I'm completely comfortable with saying that I'm 100% vain enough to want my name on the door.

Which brings me back to the writing.  It was my first love, but I let it get away from me during law school and in the years since. So I guess I'd like to use this forum to try and reconnect with that a little bit. I'll probably eventually write about a little of everything, but I'm going to start out blogging about Bachelor Pad 2. That series will start right now, with previews of each contestant, starting with everyone's favorite lovable cyborg: Amesbot.

I hope you enjoy what you find here. Have a good night :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogsphere! That's so awesome that you were willing to risk slot for what could be True Love! And it's very cool that you are getting back into something that you had enjoyed- writing! Personally, I find that it's a great way to open up n share my own story with all that's goes on n through pictures. :) Bachelor-Pad2 looks like it's going to be insane and a lot more drama! Yikes! :P
    -Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still need a kick-a** secretary? I can type 90 wpm... ;)

    I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete